COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Use of allotment sites
Cardiff’s allotments can still be used during the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, but in line with government advice, new guidance has been introduced to ensure they are used safely.
To all allotment holders, please follow the instructions below:
- If you are self-isolating, do not enter the site.
- Observe social distancing with each other, keep 2 metres apart and minimise contact with each other.
- Keep hand sanitiser with you and use it regularly, particularly before and after opening and closing gates and handling padlocks.
- Wear disposable gloves and change these regularly.
- Do not share tools. Wipe your own tools down after use.
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs.
- Stay on your own plot, do not enter other plots, even if you have had prior permission
With immediate effect all communal facilities will be closed, including toilets.