Time: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
Location: Pettigrew Tea Room
- 10.30 walk starts from Pettigrew Tea Rooms, Bute Park, CF10 1BJ – Led by Cardiff Ramblers, the route will take in the riverside views and the Glamorgan Canal. A bus will return walkers to Bute Park – 5.2 miles
- 14.00 – post walk refreshments
- 14.30 – Official Launch of the new guidebook
All of these walks require attendees to have suitable footwear and wet weather clothing, along with all walkers to bring food and water.
For further information or to confirm your attendance to any of these events, please email or call Oliver Wicks on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 39613316
Other Cambrian Way celebration events that will be taking place along the trail:
Tuesday 6th August – Brecon Beacons National Park Walk
- 10.00 walk starts from Craig-y-Nos Country Park, Pen-y-Cae, Swansea, SA9 1GL – Led by Brecon Beacons Park Society, the route will leave the Country Park heading up to the summit of Fan Gyhirych, and then return following the Cambrian Way route – 9.2 miles approx.
Thursday 8th August – Doethie Valley and Ty’n Cornel Hostel
- 11.00 walk starts from Soar y Mynydd Chapel, Tregaron, SY25 6NP – grid reference SN785 534 – Led by Lampeter Ramblers, the route will take in the Cambrian Way variant route and main route, and will include a refreshment stop at Ty’n Cornel Hostel – 6.5 miles approx.
Friday 9th August – Cadair Idris
- 10.00 walk starts from Dol Idris car park (fee required) at the junction of A487 & B4405, nearest postcode is LL36 9AJ – Led by Meirionnydd Ramblers the route will take in the gentler ascent up to Gau Graig and from there head to the summit of Cadair Idris.